Intern with our Advancement Team!
Notre Dame Sisters College Internship for Fundraising and Communications
Do you want to learn how to improve the world? Ever wonder what it would be like to be able to get in at the ground level working at a local nonprofit organization just as they started growing rapidly with a small team? Join the Advancement Team for a semester internship learning how to fundraise and communicate for the Notre Dame Sisters.
The Notre Dame Sisters, based in North Omaha, Nebraska, are a group of consecrated Catholic women dedicated to serving God, each other, and the world. Through service and ministries, the Sisters strive to meet the unmet needs of those in our community and throughout the world.
The Sisters have many ministries that the Advancement Team communicates about to the Omaha Community, including Safe Homes, Notre Dame Housing, the Coalition on Human Trafficking, social justice issues, and more.
– What is development? Learn how to create strategies to engage active and potential donors in the Omaha area. Understand the art of how to “ask” for funds for an organization and how to focus fundraising efforts on targeted groups.
Update job postings; inform groups and classes of openings, introduction to recruitment platforms and listening in to interviews.
Marketing and Promotion
– Write press releases to print, broadcast and digital media and utilize social media and develop strategies for web-based messaging.
Update the website, create social media graphics, make posts using our social media calendar including:
- Self-starter who can produce great results with limited supervision.
- Strong oral communication skills and ability to lead meetings.
- Strong written communication skills
- Majoring in Communications, Business, Non-Profit Management, or Journalism
- Knowledge of Adobe software, Microsoft Teams and Excel, and Canva is a plus
*This is an unpaid internship, although college credit is available.
We respond to every applicant within 14 days. Please check your spam folder for our emails and if nothing has been received, please email us.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $0.00 per hour
Work Location: * Nearly fully remote *One outdoor meeting each week *Daily meetings via Microsoft Teams the days you work
Hours per week: * 10-19
Internship Compensation: * College Credit
Email Molly Mullen, Communications Director for the Notre Dame Sisters at email@example.com with a cover letter and resumé.