Being the Light of the World – a reflection for associates and all of our supporters
Reflections from our Associates Commitment Ceremony – September 19, 2021
Almighty and ever-loving God, light has long been a symbol of Your abiding presence. A pillar of fire traveled with the Israelites during the long journey in the desert, reminding them of your presence and protection. Your Son Jesus proclaimed “I am the light of the world.”
We ask your presence and blessings on each of us to be your followers as a light to all we meet. We ask your love, grace and courage to be a Light to our family, neighbors, community and world.
Jesus said, “I am the light of the world, whoever follows me will have the light of life, and will never walk in darkness.”
In the same way your light must shine in the sight of all, so that, seeing your good works, they may give praise to our Loving God.
How are you a Light of the world?
Imagine the stronger light within each of us, imagine the power of those lights shining for the world to see, maybe not the whole world but the part of the world that is ours to be with.
Imagine that our light is shared with others and slowly but surely the whole world would be lit with God’s love. That is our prayer right now for our hurting world, the displaced, the abused, and the lost.
We are looking for new Associates.
Are YOU the right person to join us?
- Desire to deepen your prayer life and spirituality?
- Want to be of service and to share your gifts of time and talent to meet unmet needs?
- Have interest in building new friendships with like-minded adults?
Associates of the Notre Dame Sisters learn, pray, and volunteer alongside the Sisters. What does this mean
- Every month spend 1-2 hours gathering for presentations, dialogue, prayer, ministry and relationship
- Join with the Sisters in praying for people on their weekly prayer list
- Continue to learn and carry the impactful history of the Sisters
- Understand local unmet needs and create action
There are plenty of opportunities for service, fellowship, education, and prayer as an Associate. Learn more by emailing email@example.com today!